Bled

Bled

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Budapest Zen






There are many tea houses in Budapest and although I gave it my best shot I am sure I haven't been to all of them. Only Jókai street has at least three, and out of these Tea Palota a Potalához is my favourite-maybe in the whole city actually. It advertises itself as the first organic tea house in the city and it's definitely the most Tibetan- they have a main floor with a classic tables and chairs arrangement, a top floor with bean bags and a separate area with snugs that can be rented by the hour.The decor is Tibetan, dominated by a wall sized painting of the Potala Palace, the main residence of the Dalai Lama. The range of teas is quite impressive going from Tibetan butter tea (to be drank salty) to a wide array of Chinese, Japanese, African and South-American teas (yes, I know the latter being roiboos and mate/lapacho are not really teas, but nevermind).The prices and the staff are friendly, for the always hungry they have some hot sandwiches and sweets and for those in need of extra zen next to their tea, shishas are available in the bean bag area. (http://www.potalateapalota.hu/index.php)

No comments:

Post a Comment