Bled

Bled

Thursday 8 March 2012

This used to be my playgound-Ajtosi Durer sor



Budapest is like a big throbbing organism, never growing quite old, but always changing. This is Durer kert,  now one of the nightlife staples of the city, a venue hosting some of the most cutting edge concerts around. It was meant to be torn down to make place for a fancy wellness centre with a spa and a goddamn solarium (Hungarians sure love to be slightly orange...). Thankfully, it hasn't worked out so far. Before being a club, it was my university- these days I'm sipping beers in front of the Horrors in the aula magna where I passed my first exam. English literature. Couples are making out in the corners of the little room where I woozily daydreamed through Syntax one.The course book store is occupied by foosball tables. Before being my university, it was the Sacre Coeur institute for girls. That's kind of a long way to go. Wonder what will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment