Bled

Bled

Friday 16 March 2012

Gödör forever


This used to be the terrace of Gödör club, which has been closed at the end of January and replaced by something called Akvárium-last time I checked, they had no chairs out on the stairs (yet)- of course, it is very early spring, but Gödör would have had a few odd chairs out as soon as the temperature became bearable. And of course, I will complain if it's not the same chairs- their rather uncomfortable metallic nudge on the middle of my back is forever etched into my sentimental memory. I would say spring has arrived when I could have my first Campari Orange on the stairs at Gödör, and I would pursue this activity for most of the summer, during weekends and after work. Gödör being so central, you could always drop by, even if on your way to some other appointment, have a drink, a chat or a quick read and revel in the fashion display of young folks walking down the stairs. (Some just walked up and down aimlessly, mostly to show off their latest outfit). Hopefully Akvárium will have some hideous metallic chairs too for summer idleness, but nevertheless, I feel some of the magic is irrevocably gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment